Mrs. Evon Maatouk
EYP Coordinator (Primary)
Evon George Mattouk earned a Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education from Notre Dame University, Beirut Lebanon and a diploma in School Management and Leadership from the American University of Beirut.
Her career began in 2002 as a Preschool Teacher for 4 years in Jesus and Mary School, Rabieh Lebanon. In 2006, she moved to Ghana and was a Preschool and kindergarten teacher at St. Charbel International School for 7 years. Evon joined Al Rayan International School in September 2014 as a Year 1 Homeroom teacher.
While managing her role as a facilitator at ARIS, Evon, a life long learner has set aside time to complete the following workshops and professional development courses:
- Jolly Phonics workshop by Roberta Ammos
- IB Workshop: Introduction to PYP Curriculum Model, Category 1
- Teaching and learning through Inquiry
- AEM Regional Conference, Barcelona
- Math through Inquiry
- Curriculum design for international school, Teacher Leader Institute, London
- Reggio Emilia International Study Group Seminar, The Loris Malaguzzi International Centre at Reggio Emilia
- 3 to 5 years workshop, Accra Ghana
- IBO African Education Festival
- Concept Based Inquiry In Action, Professional Learning International at Hannover International School, Germany
Her favorite quote is, “give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”
Evon's passion is to teach young children and she loves being around them. She believes that a learner is like a sponge that can soak up everything a teacher can give.