Mrs. Rouba Maatouk
Primary Facilitator (Primary)
Rouba George Mattouk earned a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education and Master’s degree in Educational Leadership at the School Management from Notre Dame University, Zouk Mosbeh.
Her career began in 2010 as an Elementary Science Teacher and substitute English teacher in Jesus and Mary School, Rabieh Lebanon. In 2013, she worked in St Charbel International School as an English Teacher. She joined Al Rayan International School in August 2015 as a Year 3 facilitator.
Completed workshops and professional development courses:
• Jolly Phonics Workshop (2014)
• Introduction to PYP curriculum Model (March 2014)
• Teaching and learning through inquiry (March 2015)
• Math through inquiry (March 2017)
• Developing creative mathematical thinkers (November 2017)
• Currently enrolled in ‘Creating a Culture of Thinking’ course offered by Harvard Graduate School of Education (February 2018- May 2018)
Her Favourite quote is “Every child deserves a champion; an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insist that they become the best they can possibly be.” Rita Pierson
She believes that teaching is a passion and a natural gift in which training can improve but cannot make one a teacher. Effective teachers work from the heart to empower students and help them become independent learners. This is what Education is all about.